na NFL Je | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 15
SEATTLE -- The Washington Huskies found out that even without their leading scorer, Yale still is a formidable basketball team, especially on the backboards. Air Max 90 China Wholesale .Miye Oni scored 24 points, Sam Downey added 22 and Yale turned back a furious second-half rally to hold off Washington 98-90 on Sunday in the season opener for both teams.Yale, which made the NCAA tournament last season for the first time since 1972, adjusted quickly to the absence of guard Makai Mason, who sustained a broken foot in a scrimmage with Boston University on Nov. 5 and likely will miss the entire season.I couldnt be more proud of my team. We did what we set out to do, said Yale coach James Jones. We have three values that we work on every day in practice and we did a great job at two of the three, rebounding and sharing the ball, and that was a big difference in the game for us.The Bulldogs, who led 49-35 at the half, outrebounded Washington 42-29, including a 21-4 advantage on the offensive end. Yale also had 20 assists on its 33 field goals and finished with seven turnovers -- just one in the first half.Washington shot 66.7 percent in the second half and battled back within 77-73 on a jumper by highly-touted freshman Markelle Fultz, who finished with 30 points.The Bulldogs pushed the lead to 88-77 on Onis 3-pointer from the left corner with 1:24 left.We point no further than the backboards on our end and their end, said Washington coach Lorenzo Romar. Although we had some defensive breakdowns, I think that tells the story. They scored on 19 points on second-chance rebounds.Washington, which trailed by as many as 20 in the first half, used a 10-2 spurt to pull within 55-47 on David Crisps breakaway jam with 16:29 remaining.Onis layup capped a 15-2 run that put Yale in front 29-11 with 7:48 left in the half. Washington pulled within 38-26 on two free throws by Matisse Thybulle with 2:40 remaining.If you follow Yale, youve got to be impressed with their basketball team and how they go about their business, said Romar, who was celebrating his 58th birthday. They executed very, very well. They had a couple terrific young players, they were patient, they made big shots. They were on the road, but they played with a great deal of poise.BIG PICTUREWashington: With Marquese Chriss and Dejounte Murray both drafted in the first-round of the NBA draft after just one season at Washington, the Huskies have just two players that have been on the roster longer than one season. Sophomore forward Matisse Thybulle is the only returning player who started all 34 games last season.Yale: The Bulldogs are adjusting to life without guard Makai Mason, the teams leading scorer last season. Mason averaged 16 points and 3.8 assists per game last season as a sophomore and was named all-Ivy League. He had a career-high 31 points in the 12th-seeded Bulldogs 79-75 victory over No. 5 seed Baylor in the first round of the 2016 NCAA Tournament.UP NEXTWashington continues its four-game, season-opening stretch at home against Cal State-Fullerton on Thursday.Yale returns from its one-game cross-country trip to face Lehigh at home, where the Bulldogs were 12-0 last season.STAT OF THE NIGHTWashington had an astonishing 15 blocked shots, including six each by Matisse Thybulle and Malik Dime, while Yale did not have a single block.FRESHMAN STANDOUTMarkelle Fultz, a 6-4 guard from Maryland, lived up to his billing with 30 points on 11-for-17 shooting, including 2-of-5 from beyond the arc. He also had seven rebounds and six assists in 36 minutes. However, he missed two crucial free throws with 1:44 left and Washington within 85-77. Cheap Air Max 90 For Sale . Its an influence in football and a big part of the game. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. http://www.cheapairmax90.us/ . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. CINCINNATI -- Andy Dalton threw it high and far, and watched the ball come down in a scrum of orange and white jerseys.The ball got tipped around, and Dalton heard the crowd erupt.All he knew was that the Bengals had scored an improbable touchdown.I didnt even know who caught it, Dalton said. When I saw everybody was high-fiving A.J., I knew who it was then.He should have guessed. Green tipped the ball and then grabbed it with his right hand while being pulled down on the final play of the first half for a 48-yard touchdown that highlighted a game full of big plays. Cincinnatis 31-17 win over the Cleveland Browns helped the Bengals regain their footing in the AFC North.The Bengals (3-4) are back in the race in the injury-depleted division. No play symbolized their revival more than the one at the end of the first half.I beat everybody down there, so I had first dibs on the ball, Green said. I tapped it to myself a couple of times.The Bengals ran off the field with a sense that the game had turned. The Browns (0-7) couldnt believe another improbable moment in a season full of them.Those are plays that shouldnt happen, coach Hue Jackson said.Another thing that shouldnt happen: The Browns lost another quarterback. Cody Kessler completed 9 of 11 passes for 82 yards before suffering a concussion on a shovel pass in the second quarter.Undrafted rookie Kevin Hogan -- Clevelands sixth quarterback in seven games -- completed 12 of 24 for 100 yards with a pair of interceptions.Hogan ran seven times for a team-high 104 yards, including a 28-yard TD run that was the longest by a quarterback in Browns history.I felt very comfortable out there, Hogan said. I felt good in the huddle, leading the guys and getting to the right plays.Some takeaways from the Bengals fourth straight lopsided win in the rivalry:BENGALS TURNAROUND: It was Cincinnatis biggest game offensively since the previous time it played Cleveland. The 34 points were the Bengals most since a 37-3 win in Cleveland last December. The Bengals piled up 5559 yards, their most since 1990. Cheap Air Max 90 Sale. Green had eight catches for 169 yards. Jeremy Hill ran nine times for 168 yards -- the most by a Bengal in seven years -- including a 74-yard TD run.Its definitely a start for us, Hill said. Were not satisfied, but its a start in the right direction.DALTON FLAWLESS AGAIN: Dalton had one of the worst games of his career against Cleveland in 2014, when he finished with a minuscule passer rating of 2.0. In his past three games against them, hes been flawless -- 54 of 74 for 762 yards with seven TDs and no interceptions. That translates into a passer rating of 137.3.BEAT THE COORDINATOR: The Bengals got the better of Jackson, who left to become Clevelands head coach after being the offensive coordinator in Cincinnati. Next up is his predecessor, Jay Gruden. The Bengals make their first trip to London to play Grudens Washington team.BROWNS QB WOES: So, now what? Hogan joins Robert Griffin III, Josh McCown, Kessler, Charlie Whitehurst and Terrelle Pryor as Clevelands quarterbacks through the first seven games. Jackson said theres a chance McCown could be available for a home game against the Jets next week despite a sore left shoulder. Theres no telling Kesslers fate with the concussion.These quarterbacks only have so many of these hits in their body, you know? Jackson said. Pretty soon, guys dont get up all the time, and thats whats been happening. Its just been happening way too much, so on we go.CLEVELANDS MISERY: The previous time the Browns were 0-7 was 1999, when they were a first-year expansion team. Theres been only one worse start in franchise history, 0-9 in 1975. This one is quickly turning into one for the record books.We definitely didnt play our hardest today, or the way the Browns should play, defensive lineman Danny Shelton said.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Camo China NFL Jerseys Black China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' ' 
Google this